Please Share Our Post.
This article contains content originally posted to cdc.gov. Flu season is approaching quickly, and with it is a new vaccine that everyone needs to stay protected. The CDC is recommending getting the vaccine early this year, since flu cases are already popping up across the US. Below is some information on the benefits of the vaccine, as well as a tool that you can use to find the nearest place to get yours. Flu Can Be Serious The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and lungs. It can cause mild to severe illness and, at times, can lead to death. Every flu season is different, and the flu can affect people differently. Every flu season millions of people get the flu, hundreds of thousands of people are hospitalized and thousands or tens of thousands of people die from flu-related causes. Flu Vaccine Is The Best Protection Everyone 6 months and older should get a flu vaccine each year. Flu vaccines…
- Can keep you from getting sick with flu
- Can reduce the risk of flu-associated hospitalizations, including among children and older adults
- Are very important for people with chronic health conditions like diabetes and heart and lung disease
- Help protect both pregnant women and their babies for several months after birth from the flu
- May make your illness milder if you do get sick